8.17.2012

Living Pretty



I am currently fawning over these tables from birdloft. I have been lusting after a large wooden table for awhile now and I can definitely see these pieces finding a place (or several) in my apartment. They are completely gorgeous, from the hairpin legs to the reclaimed wood. Their process is really quite remarkable as well and super forest friendly. Birdloft typically salvages wood from old barns and industrial sites or from unfinished construction projects - saving it from the landfill. The wood is then harvested in a biodiesel-breathing truck and only locally produced oils and waxes are used to protect the wood. And when paint is used, you guessed it, it's 100% recycled. As my hometown is presently fighting off the invasion of a large landfill, businesses like birdloft make me smile. 

J.

1 comment: